Sunday, April 13, 2014

THE LESSON OF THE PALM

As I got closer to take the picture of this beautiful palm tree on my recent vacation, I was turned off by all the dried shrubs and bushes that surrounded it. Then I noticed something interesting. The palm tree grew above those shrubs and looks splendid with its beautiful blossoms; and if you don’t  look down you would never notice the unsightly shrubs. That was another reminder to me, that neither my situation or station in life, my surroundings, my family or where I come from should  prevent me from being the person that I know I can be.  I can do this by uplifting myself through education, the seeking of knowledge and truth and the conscious effort to grow as a person. I will stand apart by my actions, the words that I speak and the way I carry myself.  I want to be always like this palm tree and separate myself. You can learn so much from nature; they can be such great reminders of how life ought to be… so amazing!   

No comments:

Post a Comment