Friday, April 11, 2014

CROSSROADS


Crossroads can be a terrifying place especially when you have no clue. Do I go this way or that?  Life is full of crossroads, and we have to take the time to weigh all our odds. We have to make that list in order to make the right decision to ensure that we are going down the right path. Our lives today are so rushed and we usually don't have the luxury of having the time, or the information  we need to
make the choice that is right for us. I try to go with my gut instinct and see where it leads me because I  hear all the time that going with our gut instinct is  always a good way to make the right decision. The problem with that for me  is I am not always sure if that feeling I have in my gut  is a gut instinct or it is just fear. To be honest, when I have an important decision to make I am often leaning towards the path of least resistance, the thing that I believe will make happy. In the past I have taken paths that I believed was the right way to go, was I wrong? would I choose differently? I can't say, because I have no way of knowing what that other path would have lead to. This reminds me of a poem ...

The Road Not Taken

BY ROBERT FROST
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Share this text ...?

No comments:

Post a Comment